Our team keeps us serving our mission every single day!
Sprouts is seeking a sponsorship coordinator to forge and maintain mission-aligned corporate sponsor partners.
Chef Training Program Overview
We enable Bay Area youth to rise from hardship through culinary training and job placement. Youth pair with chef mentors and case managers to develop the skills needed to secure and maintain culinary jobs. Since 2012, dozens of youth have used their skills to get off the streets, pay for higher education, become chefs, access new professions, or support family members.
We believe in a Bay Area where all youth have access to fulfilling career pathways.
As a sponsorship coordinator, you will enable Sprouts’ mission and fundraising goals by:
- Researching and reaching out to potential new corporate sponsors
- Maintaining corporate sponsorship relationships
- Working with Sprouts marketing team to fulfill sponsorship promises
Donors + Sponsors
- Research and brainstorm like-minded corporations and reach-out strategy
- Request sponsorship referrals from Sprouts’ board
- Work with Sprouts Sponsorship Director to forge and maintain relationships with sponsors
- Refine and implement best practice for sponsorship solicitation
- Prepare sponsorship packages and documents for corporations
- Track payment with Sprouts’ accountant to ensure financial and legal compliance of donations received
- Convey stories of Chef Trainees to sponsors and publics who support them.
- Manage sponsor/donor database
- Working with marketing team to make sure sponsorship give is realized
- Genuine excitement and personal alignment with Sprouts Chef Training mission and theory of change
- Ability to thrive in a remote/virtual work environment
- 1+ years of experience in sponsorship work, marketing, communication, and/or sales
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated success with establishing and maintaining professional accounts
- “Self-starter” and goal-driven
- Attention to detail and commitment to tracking progress
- Demonstrated savvy with various online platforms, such as Google Suite, MailChimp, and other related online tools
Your Professional Growth:
We believe that everyone has unique talents, passions, and interests to contribute. We will work with you individually to make sure that your skill set is highlighted and your goals for personal and professional growth are met.
Locations and Hours:
Part-time (20 hours/week) and full-time (40 hours/week) roles available
Remote, schedule determined by applicant
Commitments and Contract Period:
Starting Date Window: April 15th – May 30th, 2022
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to our Recruitment Manager at [email protected]:
- Cover letter that explains why your skill set, interests/goals, and past experiences are pertinent to the position (specify part- or full-time interest)
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Specify your interest in part- or full-time work when you apply
- Jobs change lives
- Financial freedom, purpose, community, self worth
- Kitchens heal
- Kitchen teams are family
- Food is relatable, inviting, and rewarding
- Progress is tangible
- Kitchens foster community service
- Culinary skills lead to countless career pathways
- It takes a village
- Partnerships with employers, youth help organizations, and financial coaches are essential to the long term success of youth experiencing hardship
A Bay Area where all youth have access to fulfilling career pathways.
Enabling youth to rise from hardship through culinary training and job placement.
Executive Director, Associate Executive Director, Chef Training Manager, Marketing and Sponsorship Director, Sponsorship Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, WordPress Assistant, Accountant, 5 Board of Directors, 15 Advisory Members, community volunteers, and professional chefs.
“Volunteering with Sprouts was an awesome experience. Very smooth volunteer process, I’ve done it several times. It’s always awesome to see a shy or nervous child’s personality emerge while cooking. Sprouts is doing really amazing and necessary work in our community.”
“I felt that even in my short summer with this organization, I had made a large impact for many. My time with Sprouts has been challenging, equipping, and growing. As an intern, I enjoyed dipping my hands in the many moving parts of this living and growing organization. It was a real joy and I hope to collaborate with Sprouts in the future!”
“The summer I spent interning with Sprouts was extremely formative and engaging. Being able to enter a workplace where people are just as passionate and excited about food and the power it has in bringing people together as I am was amazing and really exciting. As soon as you join the team you are trusted with responsibilities and are made to feel like your opinions and work count for something in the larger organization. Working with a collaborative team was very helpful as I was able to gain real-time feedback and work through my tasks with the diverse perspectives of my team. Working with Sprouts has not only provided me with working experience but a community with a network that I know I can rely on.”